Welcome to my blog
My name is Neil Feltham and I live and work in Edinburgh. I have worked within the NHS for the past 23 years and I am currently employed within the Programmes and Development Team (Business Intelligence) as a project officer within NHS Lothian.
When I am not at work I am usually either fly fishing or working on my freeNAS server which has been an ongoing personal project of mine for the last few years. In addition to the server stuff, I also like to tinker about with single board computers a.k.a the Raspberry Pi.
I am a massive fan of Linux and Open-Sources software. In fact, my entire home network – Servers, PC’s and Laptops all run open-source applications either on Windows or Linux platforms and I thought that it would be nice to pass on what I have learn’t over time in the hope that it will help others should they take their first steps into the open-source world, hence the development of this website.
You can view the 5 most recent posts from here or you can visit the blog
- How to create a system backup of Windows 10
- Random video of the month – Linus Torvald’s latest Linux PC.
- Hyper-V Linux Integration Services (LIS) for Ubuntu 18.04
- Setup your first Hyper-V Virtual Machine using Quick Create
- Enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home
- Ubuntu 21.04 ‘Hirsute Hippo’ T-Shirt Now Available to OrderWant the world your Zoom colleagues to know how excited you about Ubuntu 21.04, which is released on April 22? If so, check out a hip new t-shirt from the French-speaking Ubuntu community. They produce […] This post, Ubuntu 21.04 ‘Hirsute Hippo’ T-Shirt Now Available to Order is from OMG!… Read more »
- Shortwave 2.0 Arrives with GTK 4 Port, Slick Mini-Player ModeA new version of Shortwave, an open source desktop radio player for Linux, is out and it’s front-loaded with improvements! Such as? Well, check out its fancy new GTK4 interface. Yes, Shortwave 2.0 has seen […] This post, Shortwave 2.0 Arrives with GTK 4 Port, Slick Mini-Player Mode is from… Read more »
- GNOME Designers Explore a ‘Bottom Bar’ Layout for GNOME ShellFor 10 years GNOME shell has been based around a single panel stripped across the top of the screen — but this fundamental feature could be about to change. This post, GNOME Designers Explore a ‘Bottom Bar’ Layout for GNOME Shell is from OMG! Ubuntu!. Do not reproduce elsewhere without… Read more »
- Have You Noticed These Design Tweaks in Ubuntu 21.04?As well as new features, Ubuntu 21.04 comes with several refinements to the Yaru GTK and GNOME Shell theme. In this post we share the most striking changes. This post, Have You Noticed These Design Tweaks in Ubuntu 21.04? is from OMG! Ubuntu!. Do not reproduce elsewhere without permission. Read more »